Monday, October 5, 2009

Artist Statement/Bio

As a video artist, I am interested in the roles people choose to, or are forced to play in modern society. I am also interested in the duality of human nature, specifically the instinctual side of the conscience versus the more social side. I see the more social conscience as a mask that is forced onto people by those with money and power in modern society. I want to remove this mask. I want people to stop being content with hiding their true selves. I want people to be individuals not a mass of masked machines.


Video Synopsis

Numbing Numbers
This is an examination of the social masks or roles forced onto people in society. Those in control are content with the mask because it benefits them. The working class do not benefit from this mask, they are used like replaceable machines, maintained as cheaply as possible to get the job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment