1. How does your character think? Very basic and instinctual, but at times irrational
2. How does your character think he/she thinks? Normal
3. What does your character want? Not to be seen as a beast
4. What does your character think he/she wants? To be civilized and successful
5. What does your character believe? Fitting in and conforming will make him a better person
6. What does your character think he/she believes? That wearing a suit and catching a fish will make him civilized and successful
7. What is your character’s truth? Mythology? Thinks that catching fish(food) will make him a successful respected person which means everything to him
8. What is your character’s real truth? Real Mythology?Is really an instinctual beast with irrational tendencies
9. What does your character need? To be accepted by others
10. What does your character think he/she needs? Thinks he must conform and present himself as a clean civilized upper class person
11. What actions does your character undertake? Fishing in the bathroom
12. Why does your character think he/she does what he/she does? thinks catching a fish and wearing a suit will make him fit in with society and become successful
Past he was a beast, who was unaccepted by society
Present he is trying to change that
Future of fitting in and being successful in society pushes him
His emotions are hopeful, confused, feels inferior
This change is very important and urgent to the character because he does not want be seen as the outsider/other anymore or he will go crazy
The character tries to make this change to be accepted by others and be part of the group
His appearance as a beast and the fact that he is wearing a suit makes it obvious that he wants to be seen as civilized. He is fishing in a bathroom which shows his confusion about society. He is a beast and thinks more instinctual, so he believes he will be praised for catching the fish. He thinks of the fish as food or currency, which is how he plans to gain success.
Mainly I think the different combinations of symbolism shown through his appearance and actions will make him original. The way the issue of trying to fit in with the crowd is represented seems different. The way I think a beast would act in attempt to be seen by others as civilized.
The character is depressed and tired of being the outsider, he dresses up and tries to catch a fish to be accepted, which makes him hopeful. He doesn't catch a fish and grows more and more frustrated as time goes on while is fishing. He begins to drink a lot of beer to ease his mind because he is so frustrated and confused. This shows that he is about to lose hope. He gets a phone call, which could be his chance to fit in, but has become so drunk he can no longer play the role of being civilized.
The character's flaw is that he tries to hard to be something he is not, and tries too hard to impress others. He is confused about how to fit in so his actions would not even really help him achieve his goal.
Performance Artists that caught my attention