Monday, October 26, 2009
Poetic Film Write Up
I think the final version of my poetic film, Merry-Go-Round came out quite well. The filming went smoothly, but I had a little trouble using the wheelchair for tracking shots. The tracking shots didn't come out as smooth as I expected, but I dont think the jumpiness of the cuts, takes away from the piece too much. The editing of this was a challenge, becuase I had to try and line up the compositions of the consequetive shots as good as possible to simulate one continuous shot. The shots with the same character in the frame multiple times, were also challenging but I think they worked out pretty successfully. I added sound to the final piece, which I think adds another element to the work. Overall, I took the advice from the critique of my rough edit, to make a final piece that I am quite pleased with.