Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Miniature Assignment Write Up

The shooting of this project went well, I am really beginning to enjoy the meditative qualities of stop motion, and also the beautiful images it creates compared to video. The blur effect helps illustrate the idea of examination we read about for the miniature, and it also goes along with my mask concept well. I believe the addition of the second video, representing the rich and powerful, helps to my idea across that the other video represents the working class. I believe projecting both of these videos simultaneously will create multiple juxtapositions and interesting contrasts. This project also serves well as an experiment for my senior project, which will involve a lot of stop motion and pixilation. Overall, I am very satisfied with the aesthetic qualities of this project and I believe it is a strong piece that gets my idea across pretty successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment